Sunday, June 1, 2014

Nothing More....


I love croquis. People find them creepy, weird, or just a bad expression of the human body. But that's the thing-it's not real, it's a fantasy, and each one can tell its own story. When I was thinking about what to post this week, I originally planned to create a line, and sketch out the outfits...but I'm here with the same excuse-I was so caught up in school, I just couldn't make the time for it. (Thank God there's just a couple more weeks) Anyways, I was trying to do a really quick sketch, but there was no way anything was worthy enough to post...I think I was inspired by the 70s...but I'm not sure. Is this even 70s fashion? What even happened in the 70s? I love studying fashion through time, but I haven't done enough research on the 70s and I don't want to post false information lacking inspiration. But that's the thing about art, right? A masterpiece isn't simply created, because then it wouldn't be a masterpiece. This isn't a masterpiece. It doesn't have a complete story. I guess you can call it a rough draft..or just a crumpled idea...nothing more. It's hard to grasp a thought sometimes. Inspiration comes in bits and pieces. Ideas come and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment