Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fall is in the Air- Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe





So it feels like Halloween was ages ago and Christmas is just around the corner. But we can't forget about Thanksgiving and the warm, cozy joy it brings. So I originally made a batch of 12 cupcakes. Unfortunately, I think I was too excited and after I put my batter in the oven, I realized I didn't even put in all the ingredients. The recipe given is for 12 cupcakes, but for my second attempt (and yes it was a successful one) I just halfed everything to end up with 6 delicious, smells like fall, Pumpkin cupcakes.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of Sugar
  • 1 cup of All Purpose Flour
  • 1/3 cup of Vegetable Oil
  • 2 Eggs
  • ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
  • ¾ cup of Pure Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 1 tsp of Baking Soda
  • ½ tsp of Baking Powder
  • ¼ tsp of Salt


1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


2) Cream together sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, pure pumpkin puree, and eggs.


3) Add in the dry ingredients-flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

I find that if I measure all the ingredients before hand, I don't repeat the mistake of forgetting an ingredient.


To the left is what the batter looked like before I added the dry ingredients. To the right is the final batter.
I used a 1/4 measuring cup to fill up my cupcake liners 2/3 way full and finally....

4) Bake for 20-22 minutes. Mine took about 22.



I topped it off with cream cheese frosting and cute  little rainbow sprinkles. These adorable cupcakes are not only the perfect fall treat, but they also leave your house smelling like Pumpkin. And I don't know what's better than your house smelling like Pumpkin on a chilly fall day.

And for more information click here for the original recipe:
Original Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe

Hasta la Vista.

By the way....here's the failed first batch. But hey, practice makes perfect, right?


1 comment: