Saturday, May 28, 2016

Let's Change the World Together

Earlier this week, I had the amazing opportunity to go to Atlanta, Georgia through a scholarship program organized by The LAGRANT Foundation. This was the first time I was ever flown out somewhere with all expenses paid, and to be honest I am still in disbelief of all that has happened. Let me just say that Atlanta is a BEAUTIFUL city. Anyways...

The first night started with a welcome dinner at the CNN headquarters. They provided us with a three course steak dinner as I feasted with 40 graduate and undergraduate visionaries all across the nation.

Throughout the next three days, I had the privilege of speaking to representatives from large corporations including the VP of Communications at Verizon, Coca Cola, Aflac, and more. I got to see the office space of various advertising and marketing agencies like Porter Novelli and BBDO.

I don't know what I did to deserve this experience, especially seeing how innovating and inspiring all the other scholarship recipients were. But these peers have emboldened me to use my gifts to give back to the world. We may be young and few, but we have the capabilities to change the world. This journey is not going to be easy, and I will definitely fail more times than I succeed, but I am so ready for it.




1 comment: