Saturday, November 9, 2013

Get your party pants on.


This was my very first project for my fashion class and everything was made at school. I have on my San Francisco 49ers beanie and of course I'm with Indy (the build-a-bear). I find that I get a lot of hate for wearing my San Francisco gear in LA, but hey, a fan's got to do what a fan's got to do.


Here's a close up of the fabric. I originally wanted a 49ers printed fabric, but since I couldn't find any I searched for anything red and gold and this is what I found. I was debating over whether I should buy this or not because after all it was for a school project.....and there's beer all over it. But whatever. I went for it. Turns out my teacher's really chill because she loved it. Our dress code doesn't allow us to wear pajama pants to school; yet alone one sporting alcohol, so my teacher suggested I wear these to a tailgating party(haha) and one day I think I will.


Okay I suck at taking pictures but here' some more detail. I sewed with a 5/8th seam allowance and I serged the ends for a clean, professional finish. And since cotton flannel doesn't give in to stretch, I added an elastic to make it snug.



And this is just a close up of the bottom hem.

 
This is the pattern I used. I'm an awkward person and I obviously can't model...but I think I at least beat this guy. Anyways here's a link to where you can buy it.
For sizes XM S and M
For sizes L and XL
And here's the company's website for more details.
mccalpattern.mccall.com

So this was the first time I ever sewed anything with a pattern and I'm really happy with the result. I used the same pattern for the pants from my Halloween costume and I plan to use it for many more projects in the future. I'm excited to add another piece to my growing fan cave and since NBA just tipped off I should start thinking of a project to support the Lakers. Hehe. Well thanks for stopping by!

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment