Saturday, March 2, 2019

I'm Feeling 22!

Another month where I feel like so much has happened. 2019 has already been such an interesting year for me. My heart is so full, but it's been rough. The uncertainty of where I'll be after graduation has been haunting me more and more—something that I actually haven't been concerned about throughout my college career. I'm not worried about getting a job or anything, just scared for the decision I will have to make.

Anyways, I'm a little disappointed I wasn't able to do anything in the outdoors, but March has a lot in store for that!

One thing that I've been doing better throughout February is not being too hard on myself on my creative work. In the past, it would take me a long time to get over my artistic insecurities, making me drag out my projects. This Valentine's Day, I decided to make a giant Snorlax doll. Ali's been jokingly? asking me to make it. And to be honest, I was never going to make it. But part of my wanted to show off my skills that I've worked really hard on the last decade, and another part of me just wanted to make something spontaneously. So, I kind of just went for it.



I mean is this not the cutest thing ever!! I had to take a selfie with it to show how really big this is. I haven't made something like this in a really long time, and I was kind of surprised at how good it came out. I realized the skills I've learned from graphic design and sewing go hand-in-hand. Figuring out how to make Snorlax was very similar to figuring out the configuration for a packaging design. I'm probably way too proud of this, but now I'm super excited for other things I will be making in the future.

So, I realized I don't really have any photos from my 22nd, birthday. I didn't do much, but it was a sweet day—all my best friends called me or sent me gifts, and my work surprised me with a bombass chocolate cake. Also, it snowed and school was canceled. Thanks to everyone who makes life worth celebrating!

  

Lastly, February was a difficult month for me because I lost the love of my life. Sandi/Snoodle/Soondae/Arenita/Poopy/Geumsini, my precious little puppers, you meant the world to me. The way she brought joy to every person who came across her really inspires me. I still remember the day we drove all the way to Ontario with Dad and Katie, and I felt really strongly about picking Sandi specifically because she looked like a little runt. All her sisters were jumping up and down, and they were trampling over her. What's crazy is that Sandi's been in my life only 2 years less than my dad was. She was a pain in the ass, but she was our little pain in the ass.

Her last few moments were really heartbreaking, but I'm glad she isn't in pain anymore. Sandi, thank you for making my childhood so amazing, and for being the best dog that no one ever deserves. I love you.















Although this month was filled with a lot of brokenness, pain, and tears, my heart is fuller than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment