Sunday, March 23, 2014

Give Me a Break




This was my first project I ever made for a guy. It's a very loose fitted men's Hawaiian shirt.



I used this lightweight 100% cotton fabric with a tiki and Hawaiian flower print. There's a lot going on and it's a bit tacky but there's nothing wrong with a little fun for a vacation top.









This is the collar. This was probably the hardest part. I had to undo it a couple times before I finally liked it.
And here's a close up of the inside hem. It's serged for a clean finish.



This was the first time I ever sewed on buttons all by machine. I thought the button hole could have been better; it's kind of loose and messy. The buttons on the final product was fine...but I did snap two buttons in half before I figured out how to use the machine properly. 

And like always all edges were serged or hemmed for a professional look. 
(I just realized my serger tension looks off......oh well)



Finally, here's my model. I originally made this shirt for my brother but it was too big on him so here's my English teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment